by Reimon Sonam (Raymund Cosare).
What basic meanings can we uncover about family by examining the baybayin of father, mother and child? Cosare helps us by the following simple exercise:
Pag-intindi ng Konsepto ng Pamilya sa Pamamagitan ng Paggamit ng Baybayin.
- Nilalaman ng salitang anak ang bahagi ng salitang ama at bahagi ng salitang ina.
- Pinapahapyaw ng unlaping ka ang pagkaugnay (hal., kapatid, kasama) o ang pagkakaisa.
- Magandang pagnilayan ang mga malalim na kahulugan ng tatlong salitang ito.
Understanding the Concept of Family through the Subjective Interpretation of Baybayin.
- The word for child, anak, includes part of the word for father, ama, and part of the word for mother, ina.
- The prefix ka implies relationship (e.g. sibling, companion) or the process of unifying.
- One would do well to ponder on the deeper meanings of these three words.
Reimon expounds on this further for Our Own Voice literary e-zine here.
This module was first presented during a Servant Leadership seminar held at the Asian Institute of Management in 2002.