(Click image for large view)
Please see Bing’s explanation above. This is what is enclosed with her 2002 edition of the Baybayin Oracle Cards.
Bing recently explained the purpose of her work:
It was conceived for the purpose of education and development through appreciation and operationalization of a Filipino cultural element. Thus the reading of the baybayin through the cards is an ongoing experiment since 2000 on how it is to read the baybayin in all possible aspects, including archetypal and symbolic reading. As it has yielded positive results of clarification and alignment from the very first reading, I have continued the experiment.
Thus, the baybayin oracle is not meant to predict the future nor serve as a fortune telling tool. It is meant to enjoin many, especially Filipinos, in finding beauty, goodness and truth in its ancient treasures.
As I have learned in my older years, good intuition alerts you when to pay attention. I know Bing’s work has taught her colleagues and fellow baybayin enthusiasts in the Philippines to pay attention, with their insight and intuition, to the deeper meanings of baybayin symbols. She has also taught me this.
Here are other posts on the deeper meanings of writing symbols around the world:
- Deeper Meanings of Sanskrit Writing Symbols 12.21.2010
- Parallels: Reiki Symbols and Meanings by Rahul Thadani 12.24.2010
- Parallels: Phoenician Ancient Letters, Divine Writing 12.20.2010
- Parallels: More Instances of World Alphabets and their Deeper Meanings 12.19.2010
- 2 meanings of “spell” 9.01.2009
- Wisdom, Dreams and Symbols 8.28.2009
- Parallels: Example 3 – Nordic Mythological Runes 7.22.2009
- The Deeper Meaning of Baybayin Symbols – Part 1 of 2 Feb 27, 2011
- In defense of the mystical experience of being Filipino Oct 31, 2010
- Baybayin is Alive for Bing Veloso October 10, 2010
- Of our Filipino Ancestors, Wu Li Masters and Ancient Greek Muses July 27, 2010
- Baybayin Books Nov 21, 2009
- Saysayin ng Baybayin by Bing Veloso Nov 02, 2009
- Concept of Leadership (Konsepto ng Pamumuno) Oct 31, 2009
- Bahala Na Aug 30, 2009
- Tacit Perceptions of Symbolism July 17, 2009